Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Waiting Game

I took this picture last week or the week before. I was due on February 19th but as of today, the 22nd, this baby is still hanging out in his first residence... my uterus. At my last Dr. appointment, which just happened this last Friday (the 20th), I was at 4cm and who knows what effacement. I'm sure it was close to 100% because a few weeks ago I was at 90, and this baby has been at a zero in my body for about two weeks (meaning the lowest he can get before I go into active labor).

Anyhow, my Dr. is certain I'll go on my own but he won't allow me to go past a week so to play it safe he scheduled me to come in Friday the 27th between 7 and 7:30am to break my water but I pray I don't have to get induced!!! He did perform a little uncomfortable procedures though, that he said "if it's going to work for you, it'll happen in the next 24 hrs." Unfortunately nothing happened. So I stayed home from work but it was pointless... If it doesn't happen tonight I'll be back in the office tomorrow. I'm praying that it does happen though. Love my job but I want this baby out more! Or at least I don't want to be induced more. Other than morphine I have to go natural and I want to avoid as much pain as I can. With my first he tried knocking me into labor with a Cervidale and it totally worked. Morphine was my best friend for it and I was done in 3.5 hrs. This time however, I'm farther along so he can't use it anymore... we'd go to the next step which is breaking the water. He says that would throw me into labor but my body is pretty stubborn, I'm afraid it wouldn't and he'd have to start me on a patocin drip. (I'm probably slaughtering the spellings on these medications)... anyhow, we'll see how it goes. Prayers that I go into labor on my own and before Friday. And that I can realize when I am in labor. My pains with Knox, well, I felt them but I didn't know they were labor. It felt like the baby was just stretching, that is until the stomach pains started and I thought I was having a lactose intolerance attack. I guess when it gets to the stomach ache, that's when I go in. Who knows... I've done it before but I still feel clueless...

1 comment:

  1. Ah so close!! I'll be thinking of you and will say a little prayer you don't have to get induced!! You are the prettiest pregnant lady in all the land.

    ReplyDelete