Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Elevator Escape

Okay so... I really wish I had a picture but I was too panic to pull my phone out and take one.

As you probably don't know, I have a weird phobia of getting stuck in a bathroom stall. If you're like... What? Why? Oh, I don't know, maybe because they're small, full of germs, and the knobs are always loose or stick. I seriously think that I'm going to have to crawl out from one, one day. That's my fear. I know, totally ridiculous! Anyhow, this is what happened today.

So I work at the Conference Center (for Mormono's... been there/done that... for non-Mormonos... basically what it sounds like) which is a nice size building but is pretty empty if its not conference time. Well, today I had to sit in on a meeting so when I went to lunch everyone had already gone back to their desks or offices or wherever they're at. So anyhow, I was headed to the lunch room, so I go down the semi-empty hallway and see that the studio lights on and there's some security guards around. I passed them by and went to the stair well to go down a floor but I couldn't get the door open. Maybe I didn't push hard enough, maybe the security locked it. I'm not quite sure. So I decided to take the elevator that I've taken before... but never by myself. Its a pretty big freight elevator... So I get in and press the button for the 2nd floor and wait... nothing happens... it doesn't move. I press for the 1st floor... nothing... I press the 3rd floor... nothing... I try to find the open doors button... couldn't find it... all I saw was an emergency button... I was freaking out!!!! I suddenly saw my worst fear coming through but not in a bathroom stall... in an elevator... after about 20 seconds of sheer panic, I realized I had to scan my little badge and the elevator began moving. My life had flashed before my eyes, but I am glad to say that I am alive and well and there was no daring escape from a giant box suspended by a few giant cords.

I know you were all very frightened as well, but I'm okay people. I'm okay. All's well in the world once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment